11 March 2014

The Small Things.

       Saturday I took my daughter out for the night; we went to dinner followed by going to see the play Cinderella at the opera house. The opera house is probably one of the most beautiful buildings around here, and it just has this magical atmosphere to it, perfect for little girls. Anyway it was a wonderful evening with the little girl; and she had a lot of fun too.
        I curled her hair [or as she calls it made it "twirly"], we got all dressed up and she said "tonight we're classy"... I don't know where she learned that, but she was all about being classy for the night.
       The play was good, but the best part was her face and how it lit up as she watched it. I was a little nervous about taking a 4 year old to see a play, thinking she'd lose interest; but she loved the dancing, the singing and everything about it. She clapped and laughed like a natural.
       Afterwards when we got in the car I was buckling her in and she goes "Mom, this was the best day ever!". Honestly it made my heart melt, with the happiness I could see in her eyes and how excited she was about it. 
       Sunday I took my boys to see The Secret Case of Sherlock Homes at the high school; while it wasn't as prestigious as the opera house, they still enjoyed it and had a lot of fun watching it.

       It's doing little things like this with my kids that mean so much. Not just going and doing things, but when I set everything up for a paint session or they come home and see that I've baked cupcakes for them to decorate; they light up and we have so much fun. Days at the park, or sledding at the big hill. It's their bright, pure and happy smiles that make everything perfect. I can't imagine what it'd be like without that.
       People get so busy with other things; work, life, getting stuff done that sometimes they forget how important it is to spend these moments with their kids. By Monday my house was a wreck, laundry had piled up, dishes  needed tended and it was a small war zone of things scattered; thus making Monday a long day while they were at school and I was cleaning; but it was worth every second of folding laundry to see them enjoying their childhood and experiencing new parts of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment