12 March 2014

Amtrak Residency

       If you're a writer and even just moderately like trains; this may adjust some of your life dreams as well. I read about this a couple weeks ago but didn't really get a chance to write about it. Since I'm finally sitting down for a few minutes; I have to share this with you.
       If you're an active writer on twitter, you may have seen the hashtag #AmtrakResidency, or at least I hope you have. If not perhaps you saw one or two articles such as:
       Okay; enough linking... for now; what am I talking about? I'm talking about taking a free to cheap trip on Amtrak for the pure and sole purpose of writing. If you're even the slightest bit like me you'll understand right now that a new writing atmosphere can be one of the greatest things/places your literary self finds. Not only does it offer peace and change; but an absolutely awesome life experience to go with some pen to paper action [or fingers to keys, whichever].
       NYC Writer Uses Twitter to Land the Best Workspace Ever when writer Jessica Gross tweeted Amtrak for residency trip for her writing; given that, Amtrak has just begun a residency for up to 24 writers to take long distance trains to work on their writing and will include accommodations of a sleeper car perfectly set for writers.
       If all of that sounds good to you, now is your chance to apply for one of these residencies

       I am definitely going to apply for this; the moment I read about it a few of my dreams in life shifted, this would be one of the most incredible experiences ever. Even if I don't get accepted, I may have to do something similar to this somehow... I think writing on a train for a day or two would be one of the most incredible things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment