01 March 2014

#DrawingAlongMarch






       I finally went out and got a sketchbook yesterday, I was uploading a sketch to twitter with the hashtag #drawing and the suggestion #DrawingAlongMarch popped up, which seemed like perfect timing. When I clicked the hashtag everything came up in Spanish so with the help of some translation I found out what #DrawingAlongMarch is, and discovered something even more wonderful beneath the surface!

        First of all; what is #DrawingAlongMarch? Translated straight from this gonzoo page:
"Beyond creating a single virtual meeting point , ' Drawing Along March ' aims to encourage the creativity of Spanish society , ignoring for a minute the issues and concerns of everyday life . " The main thing is having a good time . I think people should draw more . And reading, knitting , writing or cooking . Things that help us to disconnect from the world and be a little happier. All that activity must seek to fill us , "says Marta." We are all creative in varying degrees . In addition , spending five minutes a day to do a scribble we can find much better. It is a moment to unwind, to have focus , discover our capabilities ...are all advantages ! "Added Gemma continuing with the main idea of ​​your partner. Losing the fear is to face a blank sheet is one of the main goals pursued this cyber meeting.There are no restrictions to join the project . Both girls have this very clear paragraph , like all previous structuring the initiative : " Any person , animal or thing can participate. The idea is to make a drawing a day, no matter the technique, while you devote , if you color it , or if it's a doodle done in thirty seconds. It just has to be related to the proposed topic , "explained ."



        So while I'm not Spanish and I'm not terribly good at drawing something stood out "It's a moment to unwind, to have focus, discover..." these words struck out to me, this is what art is, should be.

Kamasutra Each day does have a theme to go along with; which I don't know Spanish well enough and I know the translate isn't translating it all correctly based on what I do know, so if you can translate it, awesome! If not; the idea is still amazingly wonderful ❤ I'm definitely gonna give it a try myself (=

2 comments:

  1. I'm drawing in this project too, if you need help with the words... I could translate the list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome and I would greatly appreciate that if you could <3

      Delete