05 May 2014

My Bliss.

       There are certain places that can free your mind. That just allow you to breathe despite any stress, anger, sadness or any other negative emotion - these places free you from it all, even if only for the moment. One of these places for me is the lake. There's something about it when nobody else is around that just allows me to let go and relax. The noise, the fresh air, the soft atmosphere - it all wraps around me like a blanket and takes away the tension.
       Normally by now I've been to the lake a few times, hell on an average winter I've still visited, but this drawn out, long, grey and cold weather has been utterly depressing leaving me home and antsy with cabin fever like none other. Today though; despite the not averagely warm temperature - I finally got up and went out to the lake for the first time this year for more than 3 minutes. [which by the way, the parking was covered in snow... go away snow. nobody likes you anymore!]
       I took the kids, we walked along the shore, searched for sea shells [and more sea shells of course!] and honestly - I felt better than I have in a few months. Even with the smattering of bad news I received today - this place... this is my bliss. This is where I find myself and my happiness wrapped up in grains of sand and cradled by waves.


 

1 comment: